1/25/2014

Cod Fly

I had stock of Mustad O’Shaughnessy (3407DT) 6/0 50 pack. I bought it for cod flies. Although cod flies are not so expensive, they are consumed as you lose jigs.

When I tied cod flies last season with pink braid nylon hair, they worked well. However, there were two major problems. One was that the hair slided on the shank during jigging. The other was that occasionally a part of hair was lost. I changed the design to improve it.

I bundled a hank of nylon hair with braid line at the middle and folded the hank. The center of the hank was fixed to shank near the eye. At the beginning of tie, I put the line through the eye once. This design prevents hairs from moving and being lost during fishing.

This winter I got nylon hair materials for doll. It was softer than the material I used before. So I slightly increased the volume of the hair for a fly. Flash yellow looks very good.



No comments:

Post a Comment